Dividend Income - August 2014



plan on recording my monthly dividend payments on this blog for you all to see. I have a Goal for 2014 of producing more than £300 in Dividend payments. This post will collate all of the dividends I've received this month and how I'm tracking with the Goal. I will reveal which companies have paid, and how much they've contributed. 

I'm in the early stages of Dividend Growth Investing, yet I'm already witnessing the increased impact they are having on my monthly income. Over time the Dividends will continue grow and become more significant. My long term goal is to receive enough Dividend Income to surpass my monthly expenses. I need to remain patient in this early stage because success will not arrive overnight. I will continue to save large proportion of my monthly income (over 50% for 2014), invest as much money as I can afford, and re-invest all other income streams into Dividend Growth stocks. I will repeat this process consistently for several years to meet my goal of becoming Financially Independent by my 40th Birthday.


August Dividend Payments:

Monthly Dividends
Vodafone Group plc £37.13
Royal London Sterling Extra Yield Bond £2.93
Broker Loyalty Bonus £0.73
Total £40.79


August was my forth highest payment this year. I believe that at the close of 2014, £40 in a month will be classed as 'Below Average'. With that said, it's still nice to receive a passive income for doing next to nothing. 

I purchased Vodafone back in May 2014. They made a substantial payout this month which boosted my overall total. 

I didn't receive any Dividends in August 2013, so I don't have anything to compare this month. I received a dividend payment for September 2013, and it should be interesting to see how I compare year-on-year next month.

My 2014 Dividend total is now at £291.02 which is 97% of the target (£300). I'm on schedule to hit it this month, and I wold like to push on and get a figure over £500 for 2014 if I can. 

Thank you for reading!


How was August for you? Did you set any Personal Bests? Are you on track to hit your targets for the year?

Labels: